Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Jacqueline!







2 years ago tonight I was celebrating the birth of my first (and only) neice. And hunkering down preparing for the landfall of Hurricane Rita at my friend Mary's house. (Because my house was not in livable condition for several months after Katrina.) Jacqueline's birth was the biggest positive thing for me about 2005. For a long time after Katrina I was ready to throw out the whole year. And then I would remember my little neice and be reminded it wasn't all bad. In fact this day was fabulous.

Jacqueline's birthday is special to me for another reason, as well. One year ago I came to DC for Jacqueline's birthday, and while I was here I accepted a traveling position and gave my notice to leave my old job. A huge blowhorn for me!

My dad was here this weekend for Jacqueline's birthday. He took all the kids to Toys R Us. Jacqueline had a blast. I think she hugged every stuffed animal in her reach. She had a blast! She had fun opening presents, but is still not quite understanding the concept that there were more presents to open and wanted to play with each one as she opened it! Nana and PopPop (Barbara's parents) joined us for the party. Nana made her deliscious chocolate cake. (I only had one small piece.)
I hope you enjoy the pictures of Jacqueline from her birthday!

Happy Birthday Jacqueline!

Love,

Aunt Christine
PS...here is a link to my Scrapfest photo's at Shutterfly.

No comments: