Sunday, August 17, 2008

EARTHQUAKE

ACK!!

About an hour ago I was working on packing up some of my scrapbooking stuff while I was waiting for the final Phelps swim and all of a sudden my whole apartment started shaking. It 'only' lasted about 15-20 seconds. And at first I thought a bus had hit my building or something, but that is a complete impossibility. We never lost power, it never even blinked. But it scared the hair off of me. I came online once I was sure it was over to see if it was an earthquake, and sure enough, I just lived through my first earthquake.

Here is what the USGS (US Geological Survey) reports. Magnitude 4.6, 9miles NNW of Trinidad, CA. or 27 miles N of Eureka. No damage has been reported so far.

My friend Nancy from work was just telling me today, "it's earthquake weather". I told her to shut her mouth. I only have about 2 weeks left in California and I did NOT plan on having an earthquake as part of my Eureka experience. I have half a mind to call her to complain about her 'prediction'.

Thankfully, the earthquake did not disturb my tv and I was able to see Phelps win gold #8, and see the fastest man in the world, 'lightening' Bolt. The olympics are a great distraction after that shaking.


No comments: