Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Walking to New Orleans

Well not literally. But almost.

I'm officially in training for the Crescent City Classic! I actually started my training my first week of work. But got a little side-tracked after the 'firing' episode. I got back on track and had a great 2 mile walk in the morning, and came down with the flu that evening. 3 weeks later after bronchitis set in and I needed a Zpack and an inhaler, I'm back to walking.

My current regimen is to walk 1.5 miles twice a week after work, and exercise twice a week after work, rest on Friday, and then have my long, distance building walk on Saturday, resting again on Sunday.

Yes, I actually exercised yesterday. And, yes, I needed 2 ice packs and 3 ibuprofen to get my legs to stop squawking before bedtime. But I was fine this morning and walked my mile and a half after work. Tomorrow I exercise again, but the focus is arms, so hopefully it wont be as hard on the body.

My legs are doing most of the work with the walking. And they work all day long carrying me and all my excess weight around. I wish I could say my eating was going well, but it just seems to be going and going. Lately I have been extremely hungry in the evenings and at night. Some of it is boredom, being home alone. But not all of it. I'm struggling to get a handle on it and make better choices.

I only have 7 work days left here in Lakeland. My boss is on vacation until my last day of work. Yippee! I still don't know where I'm going next. Florida, Virginia, and Maryland are all possibilities. That is the hardest part about traveling: the uncertainty of the next assignment. But I have, and am learning to just go with the flow and believe it will all work out in the end, because it always has.

I miss the kids, but I will see them in 3 short weeks, when I fly to DC for Lucas' 7th birthday! That's exciting for sure. And I'm also excited that in just 5 week's I'll be flying home to walk the CCC.

That's all for tonight. Think of me and say a prayer that my feet, knees and hips make it to Easter in one piece! Blog soon I hope!

No comments: