Thursday, December 6, 2007

SNOW DAY !!!

Yes you read that right! My worst fears about living in DC came true yesterday. It snowed! An Alberta Clipper came through and we got snow all day long, from before 6am til after 9pm. It was crazy! The rooftops and trees were already covered in white when I got up to check the weather at 6am. I had talked to a coworker who lives in Virginia who had offered to come get me from my apartment on her way to work. Thankfully she was serious and she came to get me mid morning. By the time we left last night it was snowing like mad, big fat wet fluffy flakes. It was dark and hard to see with the snow coming down so fast. I really felt bad making her go out of her way to drop me off before she went home, but she didn't complain at all. This morning my boss called me to tell me not to drive because of the black ice out there. I was trying to wait to let the sun melt some of the snow off, but after she called me I called my friend and she came to get me again. The roads were still somewhat dangerous tonight because of the temperatures dropping into the 20s before I even left work, which caused the snow that had melted to refreeze and cause more black ice on the roadways. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. But I will catch a ride if it's not safe to drive.

Here are some pictures from my day:
This was the view out my apartment window Wednesday morning

This was from my ride to work through Rock Creek Park Wednesday


This was the view from my desk at work Wednesday noontime when I finally got in to work


This was the view of the back yard of the nursing home

This was my car when I got home Wednesday night


This was me after a long snow day

No comments: