Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Holy @&%# Batman!! Gas is $4.59 a gallon!!!

OMG! I almost wrecked my car driving home just now. I caught a glimpse of the price of gas out the corner of my eye and whipped my head around to check it because I was sure I was seeing things. $4.59 a gallon!!! It was $4.45 when I left for work this morning. That's a 14cents hike in 8 hours! I'm just floored.

Work today was good. I had a cute little lady ask me how to start her wheelchair. She said she always drove a Chevy and this was a Ford and she couldn't figure out how to get it started! I just wanted to hug her because she made me smile, although she was completely serious. So instead I showed her how to use her hands and feet to mobilize her w/c. I love my job. I absolutely love being an OT. It is truly my calling in life. And I'm so happy to be back doing what I am called to do everyday again.

I cooked all day on Saturday. I made 2 separate chicken dishes and a meatloaf and hamburgers as well as 2 vegetables. I've been packing my lunch this week and its going well. My new friend Margaret, from Jacksonville (by way of Poland) gave me this fabulous lunch bag that you put in the freezer at night and it freezes the sides then it really keeps food cold all day and even cools the water and tea I add in from the trunk of the car before I head out in the morning. I love my new lunch bag. Though, it does look like I have a suitcase with me every morning! LOL

I'm trying to start eating healthier again. Now that I eliminated sugar and carbonation from my diet, its time to get back to working on whittling down my weight. I'm going to be here, in CA, for 13 more weeks (minus 1 week back home in NOLA in July). My goal is to lose 25# before I leave. I'm already more active between climbing the stairs to get inside my apartment everyday and walking around the nursing home working with patients. Plus, I've gone back to exercising with my patients. I give them a 3# dowel, I use a 5 or 6# dowel. I give them red theraband, I use black theraband. I figure every little bit helps. I'd like to start doing some intentional exercise, but I haven't yet figured out what that will look like here.

My friend Dee really hurt her back and is going to daily PT trying to get it better. I admire her hard work and courage dealing with her pain. I am keeping her in my prayers.

I'm gonna go heat up some supper. Blog again soonly :)

No comments: