Sunday, November 2, 2008

Autumn Leaves

So, my friends over at Scrappersaurus posted birthday wishes to me on their blog! Isn't that cool! In her post, Dee mentioned her jealously of my watching the leaves here turn. So I thought I would post a few pictures. Last year was my first ever getting to see a 'real' autumn. And I fell in love with the leaves. Of course the true leaf peepers will tell you the DC area leaves are nothing compared to the northeast. And I'm sure they are correct. But compared to NOLA, this is leaf peeping heaven, and I get to see it everyday!

When I was a kid I took piano lessons. I liked it ok I guess. But I hated the song "Autumn Leaves", hated it. Even to this day I can't stand that song. But as I was pulling together the pictures to post here, I had it in my head. "The falling leaves, drift by my window, the autumn leaves, of red and gold . . ." So here are a few pictures of the autumn leaves. Especially for my friend Dee!




1 comment:

Deidra (504) 475-4278 said...

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! Now I'm going to have to figure out a way to come out there and see them for myself! Do you think Felix and Emery would notice if I didn't make it to the store for a few days?! LOL Until I can, please enjoy it for me. And I won't even make you play that song, either! You could make up a new one. Rehema, one of our Metairie customers, says she bases lots of songs on the Oscar Meyer Weiner tune. She and the other Dino Divas even wrote one for the store, and performed it at the last event we attended! So much fun! I await your phone call to sing it to me in person! Love you!