Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sad Day for 2 Friends' Small Businesses

I have 2 different friends whose small business scrapbook stores are closing this week. My friend Wendy is closing her store, Scrappin Diva's in Flowood (Jackson), MS at the end of this year. My best friend Dee, her husband Felix, and her son Emery are closing one of their two locations of Scrappersaurus. The Metairie, LA location of Scrappersaurus is closed as of the end of business today. A very sad day indeed for paper crafters in the NOLA area. Their 2nd, and now only location, in Mandeville, LA, continues to be open for business. In fact they are hosting their first ever New Years Eve/Day crop on Wednesday/Thursday!

I will feel sad when I make it back to NOLA in 2009 and can't hit my favorite scrapbook store on the way home from the airport. I will definitely head to Mandeville to visit my friends. It will be great to see them, but it won't be the same.

I will miss Metairie Scrappersaurus.


1 comment:

Deidra (504) 475-4278 said...

Chris, I know how much you will miss our Metairie store, and I hope you can come to love the Mandeville store as much, in time. It was, indeed, an extremely sad day for us at Scrappersaurus, both for us to close our Metairie location, and to hear about Scrappin' Divas. I know Wendy worked just as hard at her business as we do, and loved it and had a passion for it just as deeply as we do. But life must go on, and things sometimes need to change, even when we don't want it to. I truly appreciate your continued support as a wonderful, loving, understanding friend and as a customer. I miss you being here in person so much!