Friday, August 24, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

Aloha!

I'm writing this blog from Waikiki, Hawaii! Flying back to the mainland early afternoon, but already all packed up. I've been staring out the lanai doors of my friends Karen and Dave's apartment at a view of the beach and Diamond head. Life is rough I tell you. :)

The idea for doing a blog was first inspired by my friend Dee at Scrappersaurus, who started her own blog here. On my first full day here in Hawaii, I encountered the *blow horn* and it became an additional inspiration to start my own blog.

I've made many big changes in my life in the last year. Leaving my job of almost 7 years in Franklinton, beginning to work as a traveling OT, and leaving Louisiana to take a travel position in the DC area. Big huge changes for someone who never imagined living outside of the New Orleans area, and who planned to retire from my job in Franklinton. Talk about your hard right hand turns!

As my life continues to change and I am more open to the opportunities that are available to me, I see more big changes I want to make. However I am, and will be, far from home, family and friends. So I invite you my friends and family to follow my journey both in my travels and in my changing world. Please leave comments as your support is important to me.

Mahalo (thank you) for reading. Until next time. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew such a funny, and scary drive would lead to such a great groundstone for your blog. We had so much fun with you here and plan to keep up on your life as you go left or as you go "blow horn"

Anonymous said...

I love you and support you in your travels. I look forward to your Florida stay whenever that takes place. You are one of the strongest people I know and you can do anything you put your mind to. You have inspired me in many ways and I thank you for that. I hope I can do something to help you on your journey... even if it just to laugh with you and love you. Peace be with you and go "blown horn".