Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Nana!

On Saturday, 10/06/07, Nana aka Rosemary Deily (my brother's mother-in-law) celebrated her 80th birthday with her family and friends! It was a very cool shindig and a good time was had by all. Her daughter Terry Geck flew in from San Francisco (as a not so surprising surprise...ruined by her husband telling Nana Terry had her ticket!). And her grandson Kevin got a ride up to Great Falls, VA from Duke to go to Nana's party (a big surprise!). And one of Nana's college friends, Susie was there too. It was alot of fun and very interesting to listen to these two octogenarians sharing stories of going to parties, meeting their husbands, raising their children, etc.

Nana's family all put in together to buy her a huge portrait of the entire picture taken this summer at the beach. It was beautiful. And, apparently, in this age of the digital picture, the portrait was actually pieced together from several shots so that everyone's eyes were open and facing the right direction, etc.


I made Nana this box of greeting cards for her birthday. It was really nice when she called me to thank me again for them a few days later. She is such a sweet lady.


Other October Birthdays in my family include my kind and wonderful Aunt Rosemary, my Uncle Candy, my cousin Bert, my godchild Meridith's daughter Eva. Hmmm, I hope I'm not forgetting anyone else!


And 1 week from today, I will be 42!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
I was thinking about you today when I looked at my calendar and reminded myself not to forget that your birthday is 2 days away (just wait until your are 51 !!) and to send you a note on your blog. Glad to see you are feeling better - I know how horrible those infections can be.
Take Care - Miss & Love you
Jerrilee