Saturday, January 5, 2008

(-minus) one gall bladder

I am posting this from the hospital's bedside media station. I came to Florida early to attend the memorial service for my friend Ann's father. Instead I had a severe gall bladder attack that did not resolve. I had my gall blader removed by laproscope about 6hrs ago. It all happened VERY quickly. I should be "home" at my friend Ann's house by Monday.

Even with the pain/discomfort of the
surgery, I am feeling SOOOOOOOOO much better. It all hqppened sooo fast, I didn't have time or energy to contact everyone I wanted to. I will be in recovery mode for a week, so I will have time to talk and let you know how well I am doing.


If I have a chance, I will post more details from "home" at Ann's. Please pray for a speedy recovery with no complications for me.

2 comments:

Deidra (504) 475-4278 said...

Chris, I will most certainly pray for you, as I usually do. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. Know that my thoughts (and Felix and Emery's) are with you. Don't worry about calling us until you're settled back down and everything is okay. Unless you just want to call to chat! I love you!

Dee

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris,
I was so sorry to hear about your surgery and am glad you seem to be doing better. I would love to hear from you. I tried your cell a couple of times. So much has happened since last we talked. Take your time and get to feeling better. I have been talking to some people about going to NO for 13 weeks and would appreciate any advice you could give me. Bubby has bitten Steve three times and Steve has bitten Bubby twice. I miss you, call or email if you are up to it.
Ree PS Your blog is awsome.