Saturday, May 10, 2008

Packing!

Can you believe it? It's time to leave Jacksonville already. I've been working on packing a little at a time after work the last week or so, and it has really paid off. I've already got the trunk about 90% packed. I'm taking a break as its still in the low 90s here (at 8pm!). The back seat is next. First, of course, I need to clear it off, lol. Then the luggage will go out. Once those big pieces are in the rest of the smaller boxes and bags will fill in the holes and spaces. I'm totally psyched that I'm moving along so well this early in the game. I don't plan to get on the road until Monday morning.

We had a nice, delayed Cinco de Mayo yesterday as my going away party. It was delicious and fun. I've made several friends here. The team at my facility was fun to work with, and I am going to miss them. I won't miss being the director of rehab, not at all, but I will miss the fun people.

My cross country trek begins a week from Monday. I still have a good bit of research to do for that trip. I've done the preliminary route, but I need to do more research on fun sights to see and things to do along the way. And of course to map out the accessible scrapbook stores along the way! If ya'll have any suggestions of fun things to do along Interstate 80 please let me know.


No comments: